Monday, November 19, 2012

College and NHL Hockey


So this year has been a difficult year to be a hockey fan so far. With the NHL lockout, there hasn't been very much hockey to watch on TV except for reruns on the NHL network. Last Friday was fun though; I went to my first college hockey game of the year. I saw my favorite college team, Boston College play Merrimack. Nothing more fun to watch than BC coming back from a 3-0 deficit to win the game 4-3. This game is just a great example of why hockey shouldn’t be overshadowed by sports like football and basketball. In hockey a team is never really out of the game and the games are always interesting to watch. And although goal scoring is fun to watch, hockey is one of the only sports that can be fun to watch even when the teams aren’t scoring. A low scoring hockey game is almost more fun to watch because the teams are so evenly matched and they are going at each other with everything they have. I think that hockey players have to give the most effort than athletes of other sports. So I want to know what hockey games you may have seen lately, and what your favorite college or NHL teams are.    

2 comments:

Michael said...

watching college hockey sounds really good and i will be sure to substitute it for watching the NHL.

Unknown said...

Hopefully the lockout ends soon! I cant wait to finally start watching the Bruins again!